CSR / Environment
1. Request for Description of Chemical Substances in Specification Sheets
In order to reduce environmental impact and to comply with chemical substance regulations in around the world, SHARP promotes management activities of chemicals in Products with the cooperation of our business partners. From October 2003, we had requested our supplier to submit both “Report on chemical substance contained in the product” and “Analysis data” as the attachments of delivery specification of newly delivered parts and materials.
Based on partially amendment of the EU RoHS Directive, four kind of phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP and DIBP) will be restricted from 22nd July 2019. In accordance with this amendments, SHARP decided to change the objective substance of analysis data from 6 substances to 10 substances (Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent chromium, PBB, PBDE, DEHP, BBP, DBP, and DIBP). In addition, we issued revision version of “RoHS Analysis method guidelines (Version 3.0)” which added the information of 4 phthalates. We would like to request your understanding and cooperation in our efforts to preserve the global environment.
1) Request of attach chemical substance data in delivery specification
For newly adopted parts and materials, we would like to ask our business partners to submit both “Report on chemical substance contained in the product” and “Analysis data of EU RoHS 10 substances (Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent chromium, PBB, PBDE, DEHP, BBP, DBP, and DIBP) as the attachment of delivery specification.
An analysis data that is an evidence of the "Report on Chemical Substances Contained in the Product" basically has to meets the requirements mentioned below (*). However, an alternative document (such as a composition table from a raw material maker) is acceptable if it can be used for verifying RoHS conformance.
- * Analysis data requirement conditions
- * Basically, we accept the data which the date of submission to SHARP is less than one year from measurement date of analysis data.
- * For each parts/materials, “measurement point”, “measured data on RoHS 10 substances (Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent chromium, PBB, PBDE, DEHP, BBP, DBP, and DIBP)” and the name of organization of analysis” are required.
- * If you judge the exemption of EU RoHS on you parts and materials, please describe the reason of the judgement.
2) Target items
All of newly delivered parts and units.
- * All of newly adopted parts and materials, and packaging materials which delivered with them.
- * We request to report chemical substances in packaging materials with same criteria of parts and materials.
- * The analysis data is not required for following items.
- - Packaging materials if it is clear that the discharged at SAHRP’s bases, and do not have the risk of migration or contamination
- - Metals, Glass, and ceramic materials: We do not require to submit analysis data of PBB, PBDE and phthalates.
For further information, please contact the Materials Procurement Department or the Quality & Reliability Control Center of each business group or base, or the following contacts.
- Environmental Promotion Unit
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Report on Chemical Substances Contained in the Product [Excel]
- *3 Electronic Components and Devices BU, Camera Module BU and Display Device Company.
- *4 Mobile Communication BU (For IoT HE BU, please download "for Common").
Report on Chemical Substances Contained in the Product [PDF]
- *5 Electronic Components and Devices BU, Camera Module BU, and Display Device Company.
- *6 Mobile Communication BU (For IoT Health and Environment Systems BU, please download "for Common").
RoHS Analysis Method
2. Green Procurement Survey
This survey is meant to assess the environmental protection measures taken at your company. Since 2018, we would introduce Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) which your company self-checks your status of CSR efforts based on "Sharp Supply-Chain CSR Deployment Guidebook". We would like to ask you to refer to the following “Sharp Green Procurement Guideline” for details on green procurements in this survey. In addition, “Sharp Green Procurement Guideline” has been revised. For details, please refer to “Sharp Green Procurement Guideline Ver. 7.0” below. Regarding replies to SAQ, please answer from SER management system.
The guideline was revised as 7th edition by adding the evaluation of the countermeasures for Phthalates which are newly restricted substances of EU RoHS Directive.
3. Survey for Chemical Substances Contained in Parts and Materials
This survey is meant to assess the situation regarding chemical substances contained in parts and materials that are supplied to Sharp. Guidelines to reply the survey and the Survey Reply Tool are placed on the "Sharp Content Survey System". You can access this system after logging in the "SCOPE (SHARP procurement portal site)".